Experienced Trade Lawyer specialising in WTO dispute resolution
Van Bael & Bellis is a leading independent law firm based in Brussels, with offices in London and Geneva, the latter being exclusively dedicated to WTO matters. Van Bael & Bellis is one of those rare independent law firms with a truly international dimension, both in terms of lawyers and clients.
With a team of approximately 70 lawyers from more than 20 countries, we offer a unique international work environment. While the working language of the office is English, our lawyers speak more than 15 different languages.
Since our inception, we have developed a reputation as one of the most skilful teams of lawyers in our areas of expertise, providing specialised advice to clients ranging from multinational corporations and government bodies to international trade associations and international law firms.
Our trade practice is renowned for its high-calibre work in trade defence remedies (such as anti-dumping and anti-subsidy investigations), WTO disputes and compliance training.
Our Geneva office is currently looking for an experienced trade lawyer specialising in WTO dispute resolution. The candidate should demonstrate she/he possesses professional experience of WTO law of at least 3 years and strong English language capabilities.
- As a member of the Geneva legal team, you will assist governments in WTO proceedings before panels and the Appellate Body.
- You have an excellent academic track record, including publications;
- You have at least 3 years’ experience in WTO law, with experience both in trade remedies and other trade law areas;
- You have experience of working at the WTO;
- You have experience in WTO dispute settlement proceedings;
- You can demonstrate solid experience of drafting detailed legal pleadings;
- You are able to develop and adapt strategies in complex legal proceedings;
- You have native or near-native fluency in spoken and written English;
- You have strong analytical and writing skills;
- You are eager to invest in business development activities such as seminars, drafting of newsflashes and publications;
- You are entrepreneurial, a team player, eager to learn, able to work independently and professionally confident.
- You will work in a stimulating and dynamic environment with motivated and enthusiastic colleagues, direct client contacts, and high-profile cases in a wide range of sectors;
- The firm relies on a very professional working environment with all necessary support, which will enable you to concentrate on the high-level legal work;
- You will be in contact with a diversified international client base. You will find a variety in your work, with the ability to use your initiative;
- You will be trained on the job by experienced lawyers;
- You will be offered a very attractive and competitive remuneration package and a range of benefits;
- The firm invests heavily in its people in terms of training, welfare, incentive and reward, and prides itself on maintaining a friendly, informal and sociable working atmosphere.
If you are interested, please send your CV and cover letter to Bénédicte Mairy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Geneva, GE, Switzerland